Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Offers Rolling in Like... Offers

At one point, we never thought the house would sell. We were even beginning to consider other options: Equity swaps or even moving to Kentucky. Yes, Kentucky.

Handsome has always had a dream of traveling. Which I share but not to his extent. I have specific places I want to see, but Handsome... Well, Handsome wants to see the whole world. As he has only been as far west as Seattle, and as far East as Billings, MT. No north or south traveling. However, as he had always hoped for being in his job as a welder, that he would be sent overseas to do his job. So here it was, a position was open in Kentucky that would require him to go overseas approximately 3 times a year.

And I was freaked. My family is my whole world. Almost all my friends have moved to the Seattle area and my sisters have become my best friends. The idea of living in a different place was fine, but doing it without my family? No way. I decided that I wasn't going to overwhelm my family with it until it was an almost sure thing.

Suddenly, as Handsome voiced how interested in the job he was to his superiors, they offered him the same position... in Spokane! :)

And not only that but in the same day they had him apply for his passport AND as soon as he received it (which they had it expedited so 2-3 weeks) he would be going to Dubai! As excited I was for him, I was tired of missing him. We had been talking about living together for months and there were still nights of the week where I just knew that there was no way I'd see him. And if I was having a bad day, all I wanted to do was come home to Handsome... Talk to him about it, help me forget about it and snuggle.

And then it happened. The first offer came in.

This took weeks. To settle & hear back. Argh the waiting was unbearable.

And not only that, but then we find out the closing date. 30 days out. Unfortunately, the kid who is buying it wanted some crazy kind of loan and it is taking the loan officer the full 45 days to finish it.
 
But let me tell you, seeing the status on the real estate website change to: "Contingnet Subject to Inspection" was the most exciting moment I've had in a while!
 
Pretty soon we'll be ready to say goodbye to this house we've put so much time and effort into. I never lived there but I feel proud when I look at it.
 
The little Valley house I will never live in. :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment