Monday, October 18, 2010

The Beginning of Our Story..

I remember it like it was yesterday. Even though it wasn't. We met on Easter Sunday. Both of us, separately taking walks in Riverfront Park. The details of our conversation have gone fuzzy but I vividly remember talking for hours and hours. And even when we parted ways, I counted the minutes to when I would hear from him. He gave me the ole "I'll call ya later" line. I figured I'd hear from him the next day or even later that week... but no, I got the call that same evening. Something in both of us knew that it was something special.

As time goes on you begin to forget little things, the plans you make or the butterflies you feel or what you say to each other that shows the intrigue. What I do remember is the feeling I had for this man was like none other. I knew instantly that I didn't want to see anyone else. Instantly. And becoming a couple was never even a conversation. No kidding! The words were , "I don't want to see anyone else." "I don't either." Sealed with a kiss and done deal.

The word "love" came quickly and so did my desire to be around him constantly.

If anything, I was flattered and thrilled the day he asked me to move in with him. Of course, he was already in the process of selling his current house to buy another...  So here we are. Still trying to sell the house so we can buy another and begin a life together.

I will admit at first I was extremely excited to live together particularly when it was first brought up, it came up probably 2 months into seeing each other. But we knew it wouldn't be for a while. I mean, our plan was to sell his house then once he bought a house we would both move into that at the same time. That was the idea. After the first house we looked at, although I was excited to live with him, the anxiety set in.

Thankfully, I have a sister that would talk me through everything. She did not have an opinion one way or the other but always on my side. But the reality was that I was having anxiety living with him, when my own insecurities were still trying to hide. Once that was realized and I could have an open and honest conversation with Handsome about it, I was cured. He claims to be impatient, but he has never shown me anything other than perfect patience.

We had been together for a month and finally got to the point where we wanted a picture of us together. :) We were too enamored to notice that we were WINO's! LOL! And he looks stoned.

1 comment:

  1. So happy for you guys, Lacey! It's been fun to hear your story as it has developed and been able to chat with you at work- God bless your new lives together!

    ReplyDelete