Saturday, October 30, 2010

The Housing Gods & My Apartment

So, a few days before Handsome left for Dubai we find out that the house we are (regretably) in love with had an offer on it and it has been accepted. The Housing Gods were certainly laughing in our general direction.

BUMMER! We decide it's not that big of a deal because: Another one will come along that we love even more. Wrong. We decided to websurf. Everything out there with property are wood cabins. No joke. C'mon people! I want a house! Correction: We want a house but HE will take a wood cabin type house. Bleck!

So, we did the one thing we were told not to: We fell in love. And yes, the heart break does hurt. Because you start imagining yourself living the rest of your life in a place and you begin to think of ALL the projects you could find in that place. Or like me, you start decorating the whole place in your mind.

In light of losing a house I could imagine making perfect, I had to take tons of photos to remember my apartment by. I love it here, and nothing but real love would get me to move. The opportunity had to make it worth it... And living in the country in a country home with the man of my dreams, was it.

Top things I will miss:
1. Window sills large enough for Binx to sit on
2. The porch garden
Okay yes my tomatoes are about gone
3. The way the leaded windows beam squares of sunlight onto my pillowcases around 10am
4. The butler's pantry
5. Taking a bath in my cast iron bathtub every night
6. The view of the maple trees that line the street in Autumn
Goodbye my sweet sweet old apartment. I will always love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment